Become a member or Sponsor
The main objective of the EuPFI is to help resolve scientific, regulatory and technological issues associated with paediatric formulation development by writing reflection papers, organising conferences, developing knowledge repositories and promoting dialogue through their website.
Currently, there are five workstreams of the EuPFI covering:
- Pharmaceutical excipients
- Taste masking and taste assessment methods
Extemporaneous formulation and dispensing
Age appropriateness of formulations
Of these, the highest priority is being given to the development of an evidence based database addressing the safety/ potential toxicity of pharmaceutical excipients likely to be used in paediatric drug development (subgroup 1).
Currently the EuPFI consists of 13 members, but it is looking to expand this number, in order to secure additional expertise, resource and funding to help deliver on objectives and actions.
Initially, the seven founding industry members raised sufficient funds to employ an information scientist to develop the excipient database (workstream 1), but this funding needs to be extended to make the database sustainable.
The EuPFI devices workstream have designed a short questionnaire to understand what devices you or your child use and how easy they are to handle, to help to find ways of...Posted in: Newsletters
Submit Your Abstract for the Upcoming EuPFi 12th annual conference (Virtual this year!) Researchers are invited to submit the abstracts for the EUPFI 12th Annual Conferen...Posted in: News
Membership & Sponsorship Benefits
- The underlying principal for any organization/ individual involved with the EuPFI must be the desire to improve the development of medicines for children in a pre-competitive way.
- We believe that membership of such an altruistic group is something that many organisations & individuals would want to aspire to, to be at the forefront of advancing Medicines for Children.
- Membership provides you with an opportunity to influence the shape and future of paediatric formulations.
- It allows or facilitates access to information, networks and services such as EuPFI web space, conferences programs, provided by the consortium.
Our Five Workstrems
EuPFI has five workstreams, on extemporaneous preparations, taste-masking and testing, administration devices, age-appropriate formulations and on excipients with a major database project, known as STEP (Safety and Toxicity of Excipients for Paediatrics), designed to provide information for the risk assessment of use of excipients in children.